Tom Rankin, CCIM
(417) 887-8826 EXT: 102
Tom Rankin has been in the commercial real estate industry for 25 years. In 1990, he founded Rankin Company, as a general commercial real estate brokerage. In 2006, Rankin Company affiliated with the national brokerage firm, Sperry Van Ness, and Tom and his team have consistently been recognized as top producers for SVN annually.
As Rankin Company began to grow, Tom discovered an additional niche that he and his company were uniquely qualified to fill. He created Rankin Development, with a focus on build-to-suit commercial development.
Tom has successfully represented local businesses and national companies as they pursue opportunities to expand and/or relocate their businesses.
His success is driven by his commitment to keeping his promises, his skill at assembling the right team to get the job done, and his desire to exceed the expectations of his clients. Tom cares about his reputation and places a high value on his business relationships.
Tom is a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM). This designation is considered to be the Ph.D. of Commercial Real Estate and is held by approximately 6,000 individuals nationwide.
- BS in Finance – Minor in Real Estate at Missouri State University, 1988.
- Member of NAIOP, a National Commercial Developer’s Association
- Member of ICSC, International Council of Shopping Centers.
- Central Bank of the Ozarks – Director
- Mercy Foundation – Board Member
- Springfield Business Development Corporation — Board Member
- Board of Public Utilities – Past Chairman
- Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks – Past President, Current Trustee
- Burrell Behavioral Health - Director
- Junior League of Springfield – Advisory Board Director
- Rotary Club of Springfield Southeast – Past Board Member
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce – Member, Past Executive Vice Chairman
- Community Blood Center of the Ozarks – Past Board Member
- Boys and Girls Club of Springfield – Past Treasurer
- Leadership Springfield – Graduate
- “40 under 40″ Award by Springfield Business Journal
- “Big Brother of the Year” Award by Big Brothers/Big Sisters
Generosity is a core value of the Rankin family. Tom and Paige Rankin are proud to support many of the Springfield area’s leading non-profit organizations including Convoy of Hope and the Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks.